Saturday, July 30, 2011

Method to my madness...




I have had people ask me how do I keep my items straight? I currently have around 1,100 different listings on E-bay (my next personal goal is to hit 1,500) so as you can imagine it is very, very important for me to have some method to my madness. I have everything stored in labeled totes. I keep about 2/3's of the totes in my office/living room & the other 1/3 in my laundry room. I usually the night before try to pull all the items I sold that day and put them in yet another tote. That way the next day I have a bit easier time getting things ready to ship.

I have totes labeled this way:

ladies cami's/t-shirts
ladies tunics
ladies button front shirts
girl's dresses
girl's shirts
girl's pants/skirts
lingerie
plus size tops
plus size pants/skirts
ladies skirts
ladies pants - black/gray
ladies pants - browns
ladies pants - colors
men's shirts
men's pants
sweaters/jackets
black dresses
casual dresses
sleeveless/sundresses
formal/party dresses
skirt/pant suits
etc.

I am sure there are a million different ways to organize, but for me after a lot of trial and error I found this one is perfect for me!

Have a great day & happy thrifting!
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment