Monday, August 1, 2011

Craft booklets who knew...




these would sell like hot cakes? I remember at one point reading on one of the E-bay message boards that I frequent someone saying that craft booklets/patterns especially plastic canvas sold like hotcakes. I have a lot of random information floating around in my head - it is a wonder it has not exploded ;)!

Back in early May I happened to drive by a yard sale & it was getting close to their closing time. She had the usual clothing & I bought a few things to re-sell. As I was leaving I noticed a crate full of craft books (crochet & plastic canvas) so per usual that random bit of information moved to the front of my brain. I asked the lady working the sale, "what would you like for the crate?" She responded, "how about $5?" Well, I could not say yes fast enough. She pointed to another box across the way (I had not even noticed it) and said she would toss that box in as well. I was tickled pink, happily paid & loaded up the back seat of my car. I finally started getting them listed. I am guessing there are probably in the neighborhood of 400-500 booklets & magazines. I have listed probably 200 & so far my $5 has made me over $120. I am selling them for average of $1.50 each ($2.50 shipping for the 1st one .50 for each additional up to 6 - 6 and more $5 flat rate). I would definately recommend if you run across any craft booklets/patterns for the right price snag them up!

Happy Thrifting,

Betsy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment